Correction: VIA is actually not the manufacturer of the WM8xxx SoC, but WonderMedia.
The following is a chart of the current state of the Android tablets on the market or pending imminent release, updated February 18, 2011. Retail price (USD) versus performance (application performance). Performance indicators are more indicative of potential processor capability rather than actual performance benchmark scores. .
- VIA WM8505 tablets ranging from $50 to $150; 128MB and 256MB RAM variants with Android 1.6; resistive
- Rockchip RK2816 with 128MB or RK2818 wiht 256MB RAM with Android 2.1; resistive or capacitive; typically 7″; from 300RMB to 200USD (capacitive 7″)
- Telechips TCC8902 platforms 7″; 8″ (4:3); or 10″ with 256MB RAM and Android 2.1; mostly resistive (Haipad M701, M1001)
- VIA WM8650 new platform, 7″; more details unknown; prices as estimated
- Qualcomm MSM7227 3G and phone capable tablets; examples ZTE Light, Viewsonic Viewpad 7
- InfoTMic IMAPX210, 7″, 8″ (4:3), 10″ models; resisitive; Android 2.1 and Android 2.2; ZT180, ZT180v2, Gome Flytouch II; 256 MB or 512MB RAM
- TI OMAP 34xx 600-800MHz; low volume; Archos 5 IT and WITS A81; Android version depends on manufacturer, but now Android 2.2 stable; 256MB RAM typical
- Freescale i.MX515; 800MHz with AMDZ430; 512MB RAM; 7″, 8″ (4:3), 10″ models pending for March release; Android 2.3 SDK avaiilable, but Android 2.2 stable; prices as low as $150USD per unit for 8″
- Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250; 512MB RAM typical; Adreno 200; Dell Streak 5 and Huawei Ideos S7; 5″ or 7″; up to 1000MHz operating frequency; resistive or capacitive; integrated phone call and 3G capability
- Samsung S5PV210; 7″ or 8″ 4:3 tablets; resistive or capacitive; Android 2.2 beta; 512MB RAM; 1.2GHz
- Qualcomm 1.5GHz single-core found in the HTC Flyer; details to be revealed for more deployment cases; 1GB RAM configuration available; upgraded Adreno
- Samsung S5PV310; dual core Cortex A9 1GHz; Android 2.3 stable; 1GB RAM configuration available
- Nvidia Tegra 2; Android 2.2 stable and deployment to Android 3.0 imminent; dual core Cortex A9 1GHz; 512MB or 1GB RAM; price range varies greatly depending on manufacturer; available in 7″ or 10″ models